Some Trainers might experience an issue where it appears that gameplay progress has been reset. Please be assured that your gameplay progress has NOT been lost. It remains safe and intact. You may have inadvertently created another Pokémon GO account by logging in with a different email address than the one originally used for the game.
To resolve this issue:
You’ll need to log out of the account you’re currently signed into and sign in with the email address and login method you originally used to create your Pokémon GO account.
- In Map View, touch the Main Menu
- At the top right, touch Settings
- On the Settings screen, take note of the email address and login method presented below the Sign Out option.
You are currently logged into your account using this combination of email address and login method.
- Touch Sign Out
- Select the Google login method.
- You will be redirected to the web browser to complete the login process. You will be prompted to log in to Google.
Important note: Select the same email address used when you originally created your Pokémon GO account. Please see the “I don’t know which email address I used to log in to Pokémon GO” article if you don’t remember which account you used.
- Ensure that the Google account presented in the top right corner is the same email address used when you originally created your Pokémon GO account.
- Touch the “Allow” button and you will be redirected back to Pokémon GO.
Still need help?
Contact us if you are still unable to log in to your account after reviewing the information above.