Questions about your Defender Bonus
We have received reports that Trainers haven't been able to collect their Defender bonus after the Gym update. We’ve investigated many of this report and have not been able to reproduce any bugs related to this issue. We believe that these reports may be due to some confusion about the recent changes to the bonus. Learn more.
Issue with a Raid Pass
To join a Raid Battle, you’ll need a Raid Pass. You can collect up to one free Raid Pass per day by spinning a Photo Disc at a Gym. Please note you cannot have more than one free Raid Pass in your inventory at a time. If you want to participate in more than one Raid Battle per day, you can purchase one or more Premium Raid Passes from the Shop.
If you’ve experienced an issue with a Premium Raid Pass, please let us know.
General questions about Raids
If you have general questions about Raid Battles, check out our article on Raid Battles.
Trouble Accessing a Raid Battle
Raid Battles can take place at any Gym and at any time. If you had an issue accessing a Raid Battle, don’t be discouraged - raids happen frequently around you. Keep an eye out as you explore the world around you.
If you are having issues joining raids, here are some tips:
- Any number of Trainers can join a raid, but only in groups of up to 20 Trainers. If you are unable to join the same group as your friends, the raid group might be at its limit. You can still join a public group and will be matched with other players nearby.
- If you see an error while trying to join a raid, make sure you are within the range of the gym. If you encounter location errors, jitters, or drift, read this article for more help.
- Having other issues? Visit our Troubleshooting Guide to see if the information helps resolve your issues.
If you experienced an issue that’s not covered above, please submit a bug report.
For Property Owners: Report a Location where a Raid Battle Occurred
We take extra verification steps to ensure that removal requests reflect the desires of the property owners or senior executives of the organization that owns the property. If you are a property owner or senior executive and would like to report an issue with a game location, please include one of the following items to ensure we can process your request without any delays:
- Submit the request using an email address associated with the organization.
- Include a scanned copy of your business card.
- Attach a letter written on official letterhead of the organization.
- If you are reaching out to us on behalf of the owner/senior executive, please include their name, title, phone number and email address.
Use this form to submit a report about a Raid Battle location.