Restart Pokémon GO
Temporary issues can often be resolved by closing and reopening Pokémon GO on your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
To force close the Watch app:
- While Pokémon GO is displayed on your screen, press and hold the side button on your Apple Watch until the Power Off option appears.
- Press and hold the Digital Crown until the app closes.
To force close the iPhone app:
- Double-click the Home button to see your most recently used apps.
- Find the Pokémon GO app, and then swipe up to close the app.
Check your Apple Watch connection to your iPhone
Pokémon GO for Apple Watch requires a consistent connection to your iPhone. If you’re experiencing issues, your Apple Watch might not be connected to your iPhone.
To check your connection to your iPhone:
- Open Control Center by swiping up on the watch face.
- Your device connection status is located at the top of the display. The red phone icon indicates that the watch is disconnected.
If your Apple Watch is disconnected from your iPhone:
- Ensure that your iPhone is within close range to your Apple Watch.
- On your iPhone, ensure that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are enabled and Airplane mode is disabled.
- On your Apple Watch, ensure that Airplane mode is disabled.
Visit Apple Support for additional help with this issue.
I don’t see Pokémon GO on my Apple Watch
Pokémon GO may automatically install on your watch, depending on your Apple Watch settings. If you do not see the Pokémon GO app on your watch face:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- From the My Watch tab, select Pokémon GO from the list of apps.
- Turn on the “Show App on Apple Watch” option.
If you do not see Pokémon GO in step 2, make sure that the most recent version of Pokémon GO is installed on your iPhone.
I don’t see my exercise activity in the Apple Activity app
Pokémon GO requires access to Apple Health to share your exercise data with Apple Activity.
To share Health data with Pokémon GO:
- Open the Health app on your iPhone.
- Touch the Sources tab.
- Under the Apps list, touch Pokémon GO.
- Touch the “Turn All Categories On” option.
My distance traveled in Apple Activity doesn’t match Pokémon GO
Occasionally, Pokémon GO may record a different distance traveled than Apple Activity. Apple Activity uses a different method for counting distance, so slight variations are normal.
My session ended unexpectedly
If your iPhone loses internet connection, your session may end abruptly. Make sure that your iPhone has a consistent connection to the internet. Visit Apple Support for additional help with connecting to the internet on iOS.
Think you found a bug?
Help improve Pokémon GO for Apple Watch by reporting bugs you experience.